This is a great car!
By bigdanhall on
2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I am totally pleased with this car, it's great. I am 6'4 and my wife is 5'6 so we were looking for a car that would fit us both. It had to be roomy to travel in and I have this thing about simplicity and sturdiness. This has been an excellent choice. I love the zippiness of the Forester, it really has a bunch of pick up. Definetly get the 5 speed Manual. We have about 10,000 miles on it and it has proven to be reliable and fun to drive. You can get this car for less than $18,000 if you wheel and deal right.Subaru should offer leather and sunroof on 5 speed manual.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, feels very zippy. Great stock tires (Yokahama). The dependability of Subaru. AWD is excellent! Feels stable on slippery roads. Antilock brakes standard. The body style is very user friendly. Is a great deal for the price.
Suggested Improvements
Body feels like tin and dents easily. A mid door body strip would help protect the body from parking lot dings. More fun gadgets on the interior. Only has one auto window setting (drivers side window goes down automatically with one push). Windows should have an auto up/down feature