2003 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - love my car!

2003 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

love my car!
By Karen C. on

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really used Edmonds and the posted reviews to decide on a small SUV. Really fell in love with the Forester, found CR-V and Santa Fe too big and visibility not nearly as good. Thanks to whomever said get one with the beige (not gray) interior - much better! I got a gold one, love the handling, love the price (a little over $19,000 for a manual X), can't believe it's really mine! It hugs the road, I too went from V-6 to this,but it's fine power- wise. the plentitude of standard features, especially the keyless remote and power everything are great.

Favorite Features

keyless remote (with interior lights on and off automatically), AC, easy to use interior controls, visibility, road feel. Can't wait to try it out in the snow!

Suggested Improvements

Seats, while firm, need to be more comfortable. Many little storage compartments, I'd give up a few of them to have one bigger one. The netted storage areas on the front doors need a little more flex to accomodate larger items.