2003 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: A wise choice and dun to drive

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

A wise choice and dun to drive!
By DarwinTheDog on

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I decided to replace my Nissan Frontier I was a bit unsure about what type of vehicle would best suit my needs. I wanted more interior space, better gas mileage and a more comfortable ride. But I didn't want to give up having 4-wheel drive, and wanted to have some cargo room. I looked at the Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, Toyota RAV 4, Honda CRV and eventually the Subaru Forester. The Forester is fun to drive (not like a sports car, but for a small SUV it handles very well), the fuel economy is good, it has great safety features (#1 small SUV in Insurance Institute Study), is reliable (according to Consumer Reports), and comfortable.

Of course I love the sunroof, but it was really the handling that won my over. Of all the cars I looked at and drove this was the most fun to drive.

A bit more room in the backseat would be nice. Would also like to see Subaru offer XM radio as an option.