2003 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Completely Satisfied - almost
By pnassmac on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Less than one week old (900 miles already) and very happy with my purchase. We're used to Accords - this Subaru feels the most similiar: firm seats with excellent bolstering, dead- on steering, wonderful ergonomics. Yet, the car is more responsive, smoother over the bumps and has a more solid feel. There are couple of flaws. We require a roof rack with 58 inch load bars. The standard (~39in) is too short and no replacements from Thule and Yakima exist for this vehicle - yet. This fact renders the car for our outdoor activities quite a bit less useful. Also, the stereo's bass is too boomy even own lower but listenable setting.

Good Choice
By wja on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2002 model purchased new 11/2001.Love the little SUV except for seat comfort on any trip over 400 miles. Seats are too stiff, but then I was used to a Buick. Very good looking. visability rear and rear sides are very good and rear cargo area with seats folded down is larger compared to the Toyota RAV4 and comparable Honda. Great on mileage, responsive and holds the road well. Dealer service is exellent. I would rate this vehicle 10 overall if the front seats were more comfortable. A very good value for the price!

stealth dad
By subie-daddy on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My kids enjoy it as much as i do. The two boys have the knack of closing the door with just enough force to get that solid german door sound (they are 3 and 4 yrs old)interior design appealing and comfortable, engine healthy (the engine growls nicely), sound sys. nice n' clear, handles nimbly at reasonable speeds, more than sufficient power for a 4 cyl, after 2K miles i still walk around my forester the "long way" and drool

2003 Forester-Firdt new car in 30 years
By JIMBOB17 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I tested the Forester on a long hill with full A/C and the manual Forester had plenty left. 25-27 mpg the last few fillups. Its quiet inside and fun to drive. My wife is disabled and its easier for her to get out of the Forester than the car she uses. I'm 6'4" and there is plenty of head and leg room. Great visibility compared to competitors cars I test drove. When you get the Forester get the Rubberized cargo liner. It will save the carpet.

Love it!!!
By ElleninChicago on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just brought home my 2003 Forester and couldn't be happier. It's great for city driving so far. I got the XS with no extra options and it feels like a luxury car because (almost) everything I want/need is now standard on the '03, including keyless entry and CD player. It's awesome.