2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Leak
By rushtonsb on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

While the whole package still is very appealing, I was very much surprised to find a leak from the roof rack in a new car - especially one with a very good reputation for quality like a Forester. Leak was there from the very beginning, and now, after split seam is supposed to have been fixed and lining of roof cleaned and dried, there's a distinct moldy smell. Does anypone have experience with this sort of thing? Can a leak really be fixed reliably, or will this just be a recurring problem?

Forester X
By Judy3115 on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car 2 months and have about 4600 miles. I drove 1000 miles 1 way on a trip and didn't end up with a back ache or too much stiffness. Driving across western Minnesota caused arm stain due to wind although it didn't look like there was that much wind.

Like the All-Wheel Drive
By Dave D. on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned an all-wheel drive vehicle before. The first trip we took after purchasing the car it snowed 7 inches. The all-wheel drive feature was great. Other vehicles we passed had traction problems. The vehicle also has surprising acceleration when passing on a two lane road.

good ride
By dutch3 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, is the best way to describe the Forester. I tried several other small SUV's ( CRV, VUE ) none matched the overall "fun" factor. Performance was a concern from reading other reviews, but it has a real quick "first" step that makes the performance seem better than it probably is. No problems, Great Car

A great muli-purpose vehicle
By kbpayh on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester is my daily commuter as well as my weekend get away vehicle. After one week of driving in all conditions from long, mundane highway trips, to blizzard and unplowed roads, I came to the conclusion that I made an excellent decision when purchasing this car. If you are considering any SUV, take a Forester for a test drive!

sure-footed family car
By remi on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great performance, brakes, suspension. A real driver's car with the praticality of a wagon.

Only Subaru
By DavisJ on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Subaru and I love them. Picked up my new Forester today and I love it too. It is the perfect size. I almost got a CR-V, but it's too big and trucky, sits a little too high. The Forester is perfect. Drives like a car and still has plenty of room for all my stuff. Subaru cars have been super reliable. You can't go wrong with one of these cars.

love my car!
By Karen C. on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really used Edmonds and the posted reviews to decide on a small SUV. Really fell in love with the Forester, found CR-V and Santa Fe too big and visibility not nearly as good. Thanks to whomever said get one with the beige (not gray) interior - much better! I got a gold one, love the handling, love the price (a little over $19,000 for a manual X), can't believe it's really mine! It hugs the road, I too went from V-6 to this,but it's fine power- wise. the plentitude of standard features, especially the keyless remote and power everything are great.

tips on equipping
By twolvesfan on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i expected to buy an impreza wrx wagon for its performance, but ended up with the forester X instead. what really helps this car stand out is its space and utility (five people plus one bike fit comfortably inside over a three hour car ride), and its interior (far superior to the impreza, finish almost comparable to a luxury car). a little underpowered, but can still comfortably weave through highway traffic when needed. nothing you can't live without. get the pop equip pkg. also request the armrest extension; you won't know where to put your right arm without it.

'03 Forester 2.5X (5spd.)
By cruadin on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is peppy, agile, and comfortable. Its design is well thought out and it has a roomy interior for both passengers and cargo. I was reluctant to move from the six cylinder engines of my previous vehicles to a four banger, but this Subaru engine delivers plenty of horsepower. The bonus from that is much better fuel economy with little noticeable drop in vehicle power.