2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
good car could be great
By Frank Gerechter on 12/29/05 17:00 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is solid and practical. Some small complaints. Lumbar support is not great. Could be a bit longer in size. CD player is fair. Power is ok for most conditions. Would I buy another one? Yes, but will look at several other similar models too.

Fun and Reliable
By pmacg on 07/14/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle drives surprisingly well and can climb very well too! The gas mileage is very good because of the 4 cylinder engine. It is peppy but slows down with cargo as expected. The roof racks are standard and accept most carriers.

Good Northeast Car
By cmac on 02/15/05 09:32 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good car for the dollar. Handles very well and gets good mileage if driven smooth. The pickup is quick but will show it is a 4 cylinder with 4 people and cargo. The seats are not that comfortable and the engine idles rough. Just change the oil and bring it for regular checkups. Tires are good but expensive to change. Rotate them often with AWD.

This Subies got it
By silversubaru on 02/10/05 12:44 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in western New York where we deal with our fair share of snow. Let me tell you this car has what it takes. I feel so safe driving this car. On a recent trip downstate, I traveled our state thruway. The weather was terrible - snow and freezing rain. I saw several pickups and larger SUV's off the highway in ditches and snowbanks. My Subie just kept going and adjusted when making lane changes in frozen slush tire tracks. Felt solid, stable, secure.

Can't wait to buy another...
By jmonk on 11/05/04 15:24 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned; responsive, fun to drive; reliable and comfortable during the long drives. The new styling is appealing and the improvements to the interior affords storage and accessibility without taking your eyes off the road. I bought my Forester in February, so I was able to test its AWD ability...I was impressed. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone young or old. The base model offers just more than enough options.

I'd buy another one
By tedsalzman on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Tital says it all, I wish it had a larger gass tank and got a little better milage. But yhat;s the price you pay for all wheel Drive

A+
By matar on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I would purchase the Forester again, given the decision over again. I'm never buying anything but Subaru!

Well designed and constructed
By F.M.George on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car was perfect when I test drove it and picked it up at the dealership. Unlike past purchases from GM dealerships there were no flaws or mechanical things in need of correction. The car's 4 wheel drive system gave exceptional performance during these past winter months. The standard features that came with the car and its comparatively low price make it the best deal I've had in many years.

The best car I have ever owned.
By lowman99 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has to be one of the best cars on the market today, but also one of the most understated. The safety is unmatched in its class, and the all- wheel drive is amazing. On a recent ski trip into the mountains, while everyone was pulled over to the side of the road putting on chains, I just cruised right past them. While 4x4 F- 150 with chains were spinning out in front of me, I just glided over the snow. Extremely reliable- no problems whatsoever.

Fun Drive
By pmac on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wise choice for a small SUV. It handles surprisly well on the road and has very good visability. I didn't expect as much quickness from a four cylinder. Decline the winter package and buy a remote starter.