2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Tom's 2003 Subie XS
By Tom Stodola on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I waited to see the 2003 model, and we are not dissappointed! The new styling makes the car appear like a new model. The reliability of the Subaru nameplate was critical in buying this car,considering the priciness of the Subaru marque. We have owned many Toyotas in the past. With a second home in the mountains, we needed a car with all-wheel drive and yet needed good fuel economy for my drive into Los Angeles for work. Currently, I am very happy with my mileage, which averages 24.5 miles per gallon. I think my wife is going to wrest the Forester away from me very soon.

superroo
By roopower1 on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi. Just purchased a 2003 Forester XS auto. Love it-in spite of paying too much. Never buy a car for your wife on your anniversary. Compared to my 1981 Subaru Brat, I have no complaints about power! Plus you can drive Forest Service roads at 65 mph and pretend you are Tommi Makinen in the SWRT WRC. Visibility is great, lots of room (haven't sat in the back, just the 2 of us). The auto-climate control is nice, go for the upgraded speakers if you like quality sound (the base is so-so). First tank of gas-got 25.1 mpg on 50-50 mix city/highway. No defects noted, no problems noted in first 500 miles.