2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Highly recommended.
By Martind on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought new due to a dearth or nearly- new Foresters; glad we did now. Love the car. Feels rock-solid and unbreakable. Surprisingly quiet and comfortable with excellent features such as climate control, heated seats, etc. Dealer was very patient (I took my time deciding) and helpful. Handling is confidence-inspiring and new design tasteful. Would definitely recommend the car to anyone who has pets or needs a car with utility and not the price/fuel consumption of the larger SUVs.

lots of car/tall wagon/suv for your $$$
By smallfish on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

put 1100 miles on my platinum silver forester 2.5X already. no problems so far. love the car. like the textured gray bumpers and side moldings which makes it look like a volvo cross county. like the heavy solid sound of the doors. base X model came with all the options i would ever need and use. although wish they had a moonroof option for the X. nice steel wheels even on a base model. lovely interior. sharp looking texturd soft vinyl trim all around. lots of car for your dollar.

Subaru Quality
By Kransom on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my Forester - I traded my Saab convertible for this car, so for "fun to drive" and "performance" in comparison, I guess the Subaru rates a little lower, but I also am paying a little lower payment also! It is great to drive across country and on gravel roads! The brakes are great.

'03 Forester 2.5X (5spd.)
By cruadin on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is peppy, agile, and comfortable. Its design is well thought out and it has a roomy interior for both passengers and cargo. I was reluctant to move from the six cylinder engines of my previous vehicles to a four banger, but this Subaru engine delivers plenty of horsepower. The bonus from that is much better fuel economy with little noticeable drop in vehicle power.

2003 Subaru Forester X
By Joe C on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After researching small, safe SUVs for over a year, I narrowed my searched between the Subaru Forester and the Honda CRV. The cars were so close in every possible category it was a difficult decision. The final decision was based on safety. Government and insurance safety ratings for the 2002 Foresters were slightly ahead of the 2002 CRVs. So far, I love the car, and have not had any problems. It's safe and fun to drive.

Great car
By Bart* on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great vehicle -- very pleased with it. Smooth ride, looks good, good gas mileage for this sized car (truck?).

Completely Satisfied - almost
By pnassmac on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Less than one week old (900 miles already) and very happy with my purchase. We're used to Accords - this Subaru feels the most similiar: firm seats with excellent bolstering, dead- on steering, wonderful ergonomics. Yet, the car is more responsive, smoother over the bumps and has a more solid feel. There are couple of flaws. We require a roof rack with 58 inch load bars. The standard (~39in) is too short and no replacements from Thule and Yakima exist for this vehicle - yet. This fact renders the car for our outdoor activities quite a bit less useful. Also, the stereo's bass is too boomy even own lower but listenable setting.

Not a bad vehicle
By BertWhiz on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not familiar with the Subaru line, I was initially skeptical of purchasing a Forester. However, the more I drive it, the more suprised I am at how well it handles. What attracted me was the AWD, sunroof, and better gas mileage (I traded a 2002 Trailblazer for it as the Chevy didn't have any of those things), and the only thing I can complain about the Forester is, it isn't as roomy and has a firmer suspension. Other than that, this subaru was an excellent decision. The construction and paint is of high quality. The interior is quiet. The engine has plenty of horsepower. And there is plenty of convenience with controls, etc.

Good Choice
By wja on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2002 model purchased new 11/2001.Love the little SUV except for seat comfort on any trip over 400 miles. Seats are too stiff, but then I was used to a Buick. Very good looking. visability rear and rear sides are very good and rear cargo area with seats folded down is larger compared to the Toyota RAV4 and comparable Honda. Great on mileage, responsive and holds the road well. Dealer service is exellent. I would rate this vehicle 10 overall if the front seats were more comfortable. A very good value for the price!

Denver to Moab on 1 tank of gas
By Tim-subaru on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This our second Forrester. We have a 99' L and we just traded in our gas guzzling Jeep Liberty for the 2003 XS Premium. Nice improvements a the same great reliable pratical mountain car. Good power with AWD and great gas milage.