My favorite car.
By hoofer on
2002 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
By far the best car I've ever owned. I looked at a new Forester and found this S Premium on the used lot. It was a great deal. It was sporty but not a giant SUV. The ride is exceptional and the leather trim is excellent. I can't wait to try it out this winter in the Chicago snow. When my wife first saw it she called it the Pope-Mobile as it sits high. No problems to speak of so far; must have been owned by a family prior. Premium package comes with leather, heated seats and mirrors, front wiper deicers in the windshield and giant sunroof. The gas mileage is excellent on the highway and good in the city. Previous cars were Honda Civics and CRX. A step up in comfort, that's for sure.
Favorite Features
Heated seats, giant sunroof, excellent visibility. Ride is excellent and the fit and finish are without equal. There is not a squeak in the entire car.
Suggested Improvements
One word: cupholders. Insane placement (new models have newly placed holders). The car does surge from time to time but no problems. The radio was supposed to be Premium but wasn't. Otherwise, an excellent buy!