Great car.
By theairman on
2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is the first Subaru I have puchased.The comment I find myself making to anyone who asks, is; I love the car, I just wish there was a little more leg room up front. If the drivers front seat track would slide back a least another inch or so, I would be completely satisfied. It is the only thing that comes up short for me. I am 6'1" and anyone that is any smaller than this will probably not be affected. In all other respects, I am a very satisfied owner. It holds a lot more cargo than you think with outstanding visibility all the way around for the driver. The auto transmission is smooth and predictable. The engine has great pickup and economical as well. I typically get 26- 27 MPG.
Favorite Features
Standard features on the base model were excellent. Interior headroom is fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
More front leg room for the driver. If it comes at the expense of the rear seat passenger, so be it. I rarely carry passengers in the back seat and I can easily slide the seat up to make them more comfortable for the times that I do.