Great all-round vehicle
By wx_geek on
2002 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
2002 Subaru Forester S A/T We purchased our Forester used from the original owners who needed a mini van. It now has 85k miles. We bought it while living in Wisconsin. It is the perfect all-weather vehicle. I have driven it in the worst of snow storms with several un-plowed inches of snow on the road and it has never once gotten stuck. I will caution that the Geolanders it comes with should be replaced if they have more than 40k miles on them as their snow traction is gone, even though they technically have tread left. We replaced ours after they caused us to lose traction during a storm and spun us around. We replaced them with Continental Conti-Extreme Contacts and they are great.
Favorite Features
AWD capability. I do storm chasing in the spring and summer and the back dirt roads I travel on can get very muddy. Even going uphill in the mud it does well. Car-like ride. 24 MPG on hwy. Space in the back. I am amazed at the stuff we get in this vehicle! Sunroof. Heated wipers/ side mirrors
Suggested Improvements
Brake pedal feel could be better. Steering feedback is not good for those who are looking for a "drivers" car. Cupholders in front of vents block view of controls when cups are there. Turn in is not great and I would prefer the option of beefier front stabilizer bars which are probably on the XT.