Used 2002 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Good Ride for the Buck
By Dj

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon S AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am a first time subbie driver.My last car which lasted 9 yrs. was a Camry. I was less than enthusiastic about the care intially. But it has been a reliable safe vechile which handles excellently in rain.The tires grip the road during a rainstrom and I'm happy to be driving my subie. Recently the dealer added a fuel enhancer an my milage has increased upto 28miles/gallon.The seats are comfortable. I bought the S-Premium with the leather option. It's a good all around town vehicle. Recently it hauled all our family "stuff" to my son's recent swim meet and had great gas milage. It's a plain jane among cars but reliable, safe and comfortable.

Ease of getting into the car (7.5" off the ground), sound system, storage space. built-in cooler in the wheel- well. storage area cover, moon roof, daytime running lights, fog lights all standard

cup holders of course and back seat leg room, boxy shape

Still fun to drive after a year
By BKRider

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon S AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership, I can still say this a great vehicle. Things I like: 1) Handling...never feels out of control 2) 6 disc CD changer. Standard in the S-Premium and does an admirable job! 3) Overall space. For a smaller family, it fits perfect 4) My neighbors with their huge SUV's have to park outside thir garages and scrape the ice off their windows...ha! Okay...what I don't like: 1) Fuel economy. Rarely have I got over 22 MPG in mixed driving. For that mileage, I would expect a little more oomph...especially up top. 2) Cramped back seats. 4 six footers would be a squeeze. 3) Cupholders, of course.

Drives like a dream...nimble. S Premium standard features. HUGE sunroof.

A V-6 option. Would probably get the same overall gas mileage and not be as hard on the engine. Bigger back seat.

Family car for 2003
By Frazier

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, plenty of room, handles well in all driving conditions. Excellent view of road while driving.

Excellent view while driving.

Drink holder in front of heat/air vents is a bad design.

Great car
By chadGO5

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the Subaru Forester for use as my wife's vehicle...however, it is our primary car for family excursions...so I am "allowed" to drive it sometimes....and I love it. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they decided to put the cupholder where they did on the dashboard. While drinks are in the cupholder, you can't see, or access some of the dash controls. The drink sits right in front of the air vents, so if you have a cold drink and the heat on, the drink is lukewarm in minutes and vice versa...anf finally, if your drink is full and you hit a bump, it spills all down the dashboard over all of your stereo controls.

mileage, styling, cargo room...I also found it easy to maintain and wash by hand.

cupholder placement seat comfort on long drives

great car
By hodge

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

sold my '93 jeep grand cherokee with all extras and bought the forester. the suburu is far superior in every respect except for interior size. my next car will be another suburu in about 10 years.