Used 2002 Subaru Forester L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

True love.
By Goldencouple1

2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It puts the sport back in sport/utility. A blast to drive in the mountains. A reliable car to take to the ski basin. It turned the white- knuckle road up to Ski Apache above Ruidoso, NM into a fun drive. The Subaru Forester is in its natural element on an undulating, winding mountain road. And it eats up the Interstate miles with comfort and good fuel economy, while exhibiting plenty of power for hills and passing.

Favorite Features

Quick steering. Plenty of pep. All- wheel Drive assurance.

Suggested Improvements

Give me another one so I have two.

Better than a Caddy
By Sue Shallow

2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru. Everyone else in my family owns one. I thought it was about time. After one winter I knew it was the best car I have ever owned. I will never buy anything else.

Favorite Features

Just buy one everythings great.

May 2002
By CJ Coffey

2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wish there was a bit more room when you have kids. Back seat is a bit too close to the front seats. Next time I am buying the Forrester but with leather. Seats could be a vit more comfortable, but plenty of "cubby" holes to stash stuff... Tilt steering is very poor!

Favorite Features

1. Full spare tire 2. All Wheel Drive in snow is superior to FWD 3. Cubby holes every where 4. handles well

My fan-freeking-tastic Subaru Forester L
By goldencouple1

2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great in the snow. Great in the mountains. Great in the desert. Fun in town. Comfortable on the Interstate. Nimble, quick, fun. Linked S-curves, up and down hills. Just perfect.

Favorite Features

Quick and nimble. Comforatable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior quality. I read that 2003 Forester already improved.

Great car.
By theairman

2002 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Subaru I have puchased.The comment I find myself making to anyone who asks, is; I love the car, I just wish there was a little more leg room up front. If the drivers front seat track would slide back a least another inch or so, I would be completely satisfied. It is the only thing that comes up short for me. I am 6'1" and anyone that is any smaller than this will probably not be affected. In all other respects, I am a very satisfied owner. It holds a lot more cargo than you think with outstanding visibility all the way around for the driver. The auto transmission is smooth and predictable. The engine has great pickup and economical as well. I typically get 26- 27 MPG.

Favorite Features

Standard features on the base model were excellent. Interior headroom is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

More front leg room for the driver. If it comes at the expense of the rear seat passenger, so be it. I rarely carry passengers in the back seat and I can easily slide the seat up to make them more comfortable for the times that I do.