2002 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great Vacation
By musketball on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 01 Forester L is all I expected,I had a 92 Legacy LS before so I knew I was getting a great vehical,I did all the research and read all the reports I could before I purchased it,its a pleasure to drive,my dog and I drove from central Florida to visit my son in Colorado,it was a real pleasure to drive on the road,we drove it up Pikes Peak to check it out at 14110 ft. elevation, it didn't know it was at elevation, it ran like it was at sea level.

love my forester
By labno on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great car, good handling and plenty of interior room. Would definitely recommend to others.

Excellent commuter car
By eric Hvisc on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 30 miles every day to work on one of the most aggressive highways in the New York metro area. and the ride is smooth and nimble. Oh and by the way I'm 5'11" and weigh 280 lbs

Safe as advertised
By jkwt on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was hit from behind twice while driving my forester. My rear bumpers had to be replaced both times but no other damage to my car. The cars that hit me had to be towed. This is a great automobile.

Very Disappointed Subaru Owner
By pps on 03/13/02 16:00 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Subarus over the past 20 years and have been happy with all of then until I bought the Forester. From the research I read I felt it was well worth buying. I own a 2000 model and put alot of mileage on it. After it hit 50,000 it began to go downhill, I had to replace both rear hub bearings and Subaru would only reimburse the parts cost and not the labor charge. I have had problems with the brakes and the cables and spark plugs have worn out quickly, the fan makes noise and the locking anti theft system does not work properly. In addition, Needless to say this is the last Subaru I will ever buy.

Great mini-SUV
By simon_dedalus on 03/01/02 13:55 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

An all-around excellent small-SUV: Positives: Handling Performance AWD Fuel economy Negatives: A little more room would be nice (both storage and in back seats) Only provides front airbag on base model

Buy one you will love it
By Moondog on 03/01/02 09:05 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Forester Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

In the small SUV vehicles I found the Forester to be the best buy and it is very reliable. I have owned Subarus before and can vouch for this.