2001 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Wheel Bearings

2001 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

Wheel Bearings
By Ojinaga on

2001 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Forester for over 6 years. It had 28,000 miles on it when I purchased it. It has now 200,000 miles on it. Had the defect of the Engine light which finally has gone out after changing everything at once. Wheel bearings have been the major source of anger. I have replaced the front wheel bearing twice per side and rear bearing 4 per side. Last time I decided to replace the axle, the hub and get AMERICAN bearings. The hub is the secret and lousy bearings half the problem. No problems now. Cup holders were removed. I live on a hill with a 45 degree angle. Goes up every time with 6 inches of snow ! For all the BS, I will buy another and trade it every 4 years.

Good vision all the way around. Heat is excellent. AC so cold you could hang meat inside of it. For me its starts every morning in Vermont.

Fix the bearing issue. Fix the engine light issue. Put real tire changing tools in the car and no crappy tool sets especially the bogus screwdriver to move the overhead racks. Listen to us the consumers and stand behind your product.