Two Thumbs Down/2001 Forester S
By Robin on
2001 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
After careful research and Edmunds info I bought this car new. I never will buy a Subaru again! The Geolander tires, were horrible-replaced them at 20k. Had to replace at 21k rear brake pads/rotors and had one faulty front bearing (that was replaced free). Then at 27k had to replace front brake pads/disc. Factory didn't cover any of it and once again another faulty bearing, this time it was the rear. I had to fight with the dealer garage to get that bearing at no charge! Now at 31k I just noticed my rotors are etched! Which at this rate my brakes/rotors are needing replacement every 9K miles. This car has only 31k, is 6 yrs old. The dealership tired to blame me for the brakes-saying I didn't drive it enough.
Favorite Features
This car was good for the first few years but is going down hill fast. I guess my favorite feature is that it still runs. But it does handle real well.
Suggested Improvements
Called Subaru-got no help from them. They suggested I call my dealer-got ping-ponged back and forth. My suggestion-Subaru should back their defected brake/rotors/disc problems. I see I'm not the only one having these problems. Also radio light went dead and clock went dead; not a fuse problem. Shame on Subaru.