I love my Forester and all of the other Subaru's I've owned.
By jbunting82 on
2001 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
My Forester has been great since the day I bought it. It's never once ever left me stranded and gets me where I need to go every time. I don't ever have to worry about if it will let me down even with the 140,000 miles it currently has on it. I have had to replace some things here and there along the way, but that's normal on every kind of car. I see these people on here complain about Subaru and it makes me laugh. Subaru builds some of the most reliable vehicles on the road and dollar for dollar there is nothing out there that beats their overall value. I'm convinced that if you've had nothing but problems with your Subaru, the real problem is probably you, not the car.
Favorite Features
The confidence of not having to worry about the weather. I love driving right past everyone else in the snow/sleet/rain just like it is a beautiful sunny day. I also just love the culture that comes with these vehicles. It is hard to find a Subaru owner that doesn't love their car or hasn't owned like 5 of them already. Plus Subaru really does stand behind their cars and their owners. They spend millions each year to pay for repairs they are in no way obligated to do so. Chances are if you call Subaru for help they will give it. If they don't help, chances are you just really didn't deserve it in the first place. At that point be realistic, man up and don't get mad when they say no.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I wish was better was the fuel economy. It's okay though because I understand that the All Wheel Drive sucks up a fair amount of juice. A few less MPG for the ability to drive safely in every weather is worth it to me. I will always be a Subaru owner.