2000 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Overall Good car with recent i

2000 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

L Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Overall Good car with recent issues
By faithin14eva on

2000 Subaru Forester L 4dr Wagon AWD

My husband and I bought this car in 2009 and it had 108,000 miles on it. Last year we hit a slight hiccup when our O2 sensor went. The garages near us had a hard time figuring out what the issue was and we eventually went down to the actual dealership and as soon as we described the problem they knew the answer. It is now a year later and my husband went to replace the rotors and brakes and discovered that the calipers, and inner and outer tire rods were bad as well in the front and the caliper on the rear driver side was bad as well. Now we have fixed all of this for around 400 and yet the brake system is still not working properly. More attempts to come to fix it.

We love that this car does so well in snow and it's a generally safe car. While my mother was driving my car she was involved in a minor accident and the car held up beautifully compared to what could have happened to it.

Just so anyone reading this knows. The only option this gave me was 5 speed manual and my forester is an AUTOMATIC. I am unsure what can be improved other than the gas mileage. The interior can be a little more style friendly and comfortable and the outside can use the same style help. When it comes time to fix the vehicle the ability to fix many parts is diminished because of lack of space. Also there seems to be a lot of rusting with the nuts and bolts. Perhaps a solution could be found for this as well.