Love it!
By Garcia subaru on
2000 Subaru Forester L 4dr Wagon AWD
I love this vehicle! Fun to drive, pulls 2000 lbs, very reliable, was not too expensive, great in snow. Nearly 180000 on it with no major problems. Have done routine maintainance, replaced the brakes, starter and clutch once. Had one part needing replacement with the catalytic converter (cost 3-400 dollars), needed to replace the tape player (replaced it with a CD/tape player) and that was it. Still running great and I hope to keep it for another 100,000 miles. Get 20-30 mpg on freeway (at 60-70 mph) and 27-27 in town. I am planning to buy another in the future and am hoping they can improve the gas mileage by then. (They keep increasing the engine horsepower which I do not feel it needs.)
Favorite Features
All wheel drive, antilock brakes, comfortable front seats, ability to carry items in back, can pull 2000 lb utilty trailer.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage, better back seat and more and new safety features as they are available (I understand the last two have been done). I do not want more horsepower at the cost of poorer gas mileage.