2000 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Go Everywhere and anywhere car

2000 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Go Everywhere and anywhere car
By Seeingsienna on

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

This car doe sit all. It is my commuter car, my sporty ride car, my soccer/baseball car and my landscaping car, and now even my camping car. Other than 3 repairs to the rear wheel bearings {see other owners reporting same problem and local serviceman saying it is common for the car}, it has been trouble free. Mileage drops to 21-22 in winter - I suspect bad oxygen/gas mixture b/c tires are kept well inflated. In warm weather I get 25- 27 overall.

With AWD and snows I NEVER got stuck even in 18" storm. Gauge pack always cool to check out. Trailing hitch just right for light duty hauling of sports and yard eqpmt. Use hitch basket for coolers/wood. Manual provides extra pulling w/o tip-in surge on automatics.

Slightly larger length for more leg room front and most back. A bit more lux items like power seat adjusters and dual automatic climate controls. Turbo model looks very enticing.