2000 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Overall Good car with recent issues
By faithin14eva on 05/01/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

My husband and I bought this car in 2009 and it had 108,000 miles on it. Last year we hit a slight hiccup when our O2 sensor went. The garages near us had a hard time figuring out what the issue was and we eventually went down to the actual dealership and as soon as we described the problem they knew the answer. It is now a year later and my husband went to replace the rotors and brakes and discovered that the calipers, and inner and outer tire rods were bad as well in the front and the caliper on the rear driver side was bad as well. Now we have fixed all of this for around 400 and yet the brake system is still not working properly. More attempts to come to fix it.

Few problems...So far
By lgdawley on 03/04/05 17:03 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

Like - plenty of room for my golden retriever and his friends and for carrying furniture, supplies, etc; virtually no blind spots; original brakes lasted to 87,000 miles. Dislike - cup holder location; cheap interior fabric; weak front windshield - had to replace mine the first year; paint that chips easily; had 1 wheel-bearing go - hopefully others won't follow soon. Too noisy driving on the freeway. Other - wish they could be a little more "stylish".

best car I ever bought
By pbohn on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

Plenty of power with 2.5L dohc 4cyl. good auto trans performance.

So far, so good
By AustinFromBoston on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought this car about 6 months ago for my wife... it was by far the best driving small SUV we drove. Ours had 24,000 when we got it and it has about 30,000 now... no real problems to speak of, except some annoying rattles with interior body parts. I had a 18 year- old BMW that never had any rattles!

Go Everywhere and anywhere car
By Seeingsienna on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

This car doe sit all. It is my commuter car, my sporty ride car, my soccer/baseball car and my landscaping car, and now even my camping car. Other than 3 repairs to the rear wheel bearings {see other owners reporting same problem and local serviceman saying it is common for the car}, it has been trouble free. Mileage drops to 21-22 in winter - I suspect bad oxygen/gas mixture b/c tires are kept well inflated. In warm weather I get 25- 27 overall.

2000 Subaru Forester S
By M. Blanchard on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

Positive: Handles most road conditions very well. Will drive across a 12 inch snow drift with ease. Seems to grip the road except, of course, in icy conditions. Stops very efficiently. Very good visibility all around. Negative: Apparently a design flaw, it seems to suck road dirt onto its rear surface.

my little suv
By almasgarden on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

A great car and fun to drive. Only wish I got better mileage. I highly recommend. Also bought an extended warranty,so I plan on keeping it.

One Great Car
By foogazy on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

The Forester is a great small SUV with lots of great features. It has decent pickup for a 4 cylinder and handles very well. It is a comfortable ride, although the back seat is a bit cramped. The cargo area is laid out nicely and has plenty of room. Overall, I am very very happy with this purchase and would definately recommend it to others

My 2000 S
By declansdad on 03/11/02 19:32 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

Great vehicle for small/new families.