Love my scooby!
By dirtyru on
1999 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD
This car is a blast to drive. Handles like a true rally car in the curves! With the AWD, it handles exceptionally well off road. I honestly believe that this car handles/ drives even smoother in the rain! 154,000 miles and still counting! I have the S model, which on here says it's a manual, but i do infact have the crafty automatic. The leather interior has held up greatly & the seat warmers come in handy on those brisk mornings. Getting rid of my car & having this vehicle has truely inspired me to make it a point to get out of the office & enjoy the outdoors. It's the perfect utility vehicle that also doubles as an economical, every day driver. I hope to keep this for a looong time!
Favorite Features
Handling capabilities, the fact that all foresters come standard with roof racks, fog lamps (with grill guards on them), and AWD is the ultimate setup you can get on a stock forester. How many other companies offer that on their base models? I've added a roof basket & hella off road lights to dress it up & make it even more capable. The 16" rims & bull bar on the front are nice as well. Tons of head room
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders! Only one cup holder in the front and 2 in the back. Also, the plastic skid plate underneathe should be replaced with a nice aluminum one that won't rip off first chance. Although mine made it 10yrs before i replaced it. ;) Rear leg room is not suitable for adults - fyi. Kids are fine.