1998 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Fisherman's Dream

1998 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

Fisherman's Dream
By kschumac on

1998 Subaru Forester S 4dr Wagon AWD

When I first visited our local Subaru dealer, the salesman told me all the right things about reliability, value, driving safety and longevity of the vehicles. I had asked him if they had any used Subarus that I could look at and he told me that once people bought one, they did not get rid of it. Having owned this car for a little over two years now, I understand what he meant. This car is fun to drive. This car gets me into all the places I want to go (fishing). It has lots of storage space in the back. I can very comfortably carry four people.

This is the first car I've owned with a built in CD player. Love it! The storage in the back is great. I keep much of my fishing stuff back there all the time. I can lift the back gate which covers me if it is raining. The back seats fold down to allow more cargo room.

The rear wiper does not spray fluid over an area on the window. It just runs down the center. The back window has a slight curve near the top and the wiper misses this all the time. I am a less than thrilled with the Anti-lock brakes. Perhaps that is because I'm due for new tires.