2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Brz - Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe

View reviews for a specific BRZ model:

Enter every road curve with joy in my heart
By motokoto

2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car to increase your quality of life. I love it for where I live in the San Diego foothills with no deer. However, if I lived back in the Hill Country of Central Texas, I'd have sold this car within 6 months. The headlights are set ridiculously low so literally heaven help you if there are deer on the road ahead. You won't see them until they're through your windshield. The dealership's Service Dept told me I can't get them raised up because they're high density headlights. The headlights are a huge safety risk particularly in areas with large-sized wildlife. Other than that, I adore this car for the thrill of driving it. Kudos to the excellent engineers!

Favorite Features

Drive quality. Engineering Design. Comfortable seats. Nice Clutch Feel. Resists drift back on hills. Position of the seat to the pedals to the steering wheel. Bluetoothed phone works well and sounds clear. Speakers are pretty good, not great. No turbo is good bc no turbo power kick-in delays when pressing gas except for in the pre-3500RPM band. That's not great but acceptable to me. I think turbo can get me into trouble fast especially on a wet road.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights illuminate too low and too intensely. Headlights need more upper height adjustments & thus less intensely blinding light to oncoming traffic. Need radio etc adjustment buttons on steering wheel. Curvy roads and changing radio stations on a screen do not mix! Remove legal I AGREE button on screen every time you start the car. REALLY ANNOYING.

There aren't enough corners
By racerjae

2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The BRZ is just too slow in a straight line. It should've come with 300 hp from the factory. However, the feel, balance and handling of the car is second to none. The steering is sublime. The brakes are worthless after 20 min on the track but brake kit upgrades are available. Swapped the stock wheels for 18"wheels/tires and lowered it 1". The car now looks the way it should've come. The driving position is perfect, the seats are as good as Recaros, the extra features of the Limited version is well worth the cost. The torque dip at 4K rpm sucks but a tune can fix the problem. Only wish I lived near twisty roads!

Favorite Features

keyless entry and start HID headlamps and LED DRLs WR Blue color

Suggested Improvements

needs the turbo from WRX better brakes oil cooler

Blast to Drive
By curves1

2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first 2 door rear wheel drive coupe I have owned, and it is super fun to drive. My prior cars have been SUVs and sedans. The low seating position, combined with the super responsive steering and manual transmission are amazing. When I see cars that cost 2 to 3 times more, I think they way overpaid for the badge and extra horsepower that will hardly be used in my traffic congested area.

Favorite Features

Push button start, handling, sound of the engine

Suggested Improvements

STI version

Fun Fun Fun
By malmel

2014 Subaru BRZ Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 64 years old, this car is a gas to drive. cornering, handling, is very tight. I've been averaging 29 miles to a gallon. The bucket seats have nice supporting sides, instruments are very nice the controls are at your finger tips. I like not having all the horns and whistles on the steering wheel. The automatic climate control is very good too.

Favorite Features

Performance and handling are my favorite features but, there are other such as push button start, keyless operation, Bluetooth functions and mp3 access. Wow, even adjustable HID headlights.

Suggested Improvements

voice activation needs updating. I'd like to have better speakers all around. I love music and have been spoiled upgrades auto audio systems