2013 Subaru BRZ Consumer Review: 2013 BRZ Limited 6 Speed Manua

2013 Subaru BRZ - Consumer Review

Limited Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

2013 BRZ Limited 6 Speed Manual
By nevijeff on

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As mentioned by others a lot has been written about this car and most of it is true. The car is very well balanced and is great on the backroads. Power is adequate given the weight of the car too much more and it would affect the driving dynamics of the vehicle. Shifting is very precise and short just the way you want it but in the cold weather until the car warms up shifts from 1st to 2nd can be a bit clunky. layout of interior is fantastic seats are supportive but being sport seats can be a little snug for larger people. Back seat to me are just there to save insurance costs not very practical at all. Very well appointed for the money, stock tires are way too brutal over road transitions.

Favorite Features

Appearance of car inside and out very well done. Drop down rear seats for extra storage, crisp shifting manual transmission. Very good visibility, excellent heating and cooling control. Many features included in base price, great value. Great balance, tight steering - very precise. Good sounding stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Put Ultra High Performance All season Radials on car vs. Grand Touring tires. Tires are too hard you feel every pebble you drive over, I am changing tires after 1 week of ownership. Buttons to change radio stations a bit small hard to change stations. Don't include NAV in the car, I would rather save 1K and attach a 120.00 Garmin to the windshield when I need it. Offer streamlined splash guards, I have some on my C6 corvette that look great. Audio/Phone buttons on Steering wheel would be nice. Homelink rear view mirror Std would be nice, everyone likes to control their garage door opener at least from the car.