Small Commuter Truck
By workb4play on
2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this Baja Sport as an economical alternative to my RAM 2500 Diesel for a round trip commute of 70 miles. Being only 5'9" and 180#, this vehicle seems harder to get in the driver's seat than any I have ever owned. It also lacks the power of any previous vehicles. But, I did not buy for power and once you are in the driver's seat, this is one of the most enjoyable cars I have ever owned. It has a sports car ride and feel. Interior finish sets the standard for its competitors. Base vinyl/fabric seats are supportive, top quality, and everyone thinks it is leather. Door panels are equally impressive. Engine is very quiet. Transmission shifts smooth but downshifts at the slightest hill.
Favorite Features
Daylight running lights, power sunroof, 4 wheel disc brakes, fog lights. This vehicle comes with a lot of standard power features, beats all other small trucks in this price range in all categories except towing, payload, bed capacity.
Suggested Improvements
Telescopic steering would put the wheel in a more comfortable position. More power for an almost perfect small truck. Too bad consumers did not buy more of these, as Subaru is discontinuing production due to lackluster sales.