Practical but slow
By HaveFunWithIt on
2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I am really getting attached to the Baja. It's fun to drive because of its accurate steering and light weight. There is a lot of aluminum on this vehicle (motor heads and block, tranny, differential cover, etc). The bed looks really small, but I fit a full sized dirt bike in it (300cc) with gear bag and tool box. No one believes that it will fit until they see it. And that is WITHOUT folding down the pass through door to the cab. The Baja is the slowest car I have ever driven, though. I have an Isuzu pickup with 2.6L 4 cylinder motor (Baja 2.5L 4 cylinder) with 225k miles on it that is 3 times quicker. And I always considered the Isuzu to be slow. I am not exaggerating one bit about this.
Favorite Features
Compared to a small truck, it comes loaded with stuff that is optional on other brands: sun/moon roof, AC, PW, cruise, center console, full bedliner, 4 disc brakes, aluminum wheels, tinted windows, fog lights, etc. All this and 4WD too. Compare the price of an extra cab 4WD truck and see the difference.
Suggested Improvements
1. Stereo stinks, bad. The functionality of the deck is great, but the sound quality is horrible. Even the upgraded model with better speakers, subwoofer, and tweeters still stinks. 2. Subaru lies about the gas mileage. It will never get 28MPG like they claim. I get 20MPG hwy and I do not have turbo!