Used 2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Fun to drive
By DWL

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is not a high performance car but I knew that when I bought it. It is peppy for its engine and body size. It also handles curves really nice. As for comfort, it is comfortable as I need and it gets good gas mileage considering I drive 78 miles everyday to and from work. I am getting in the upper 26 to lower 27/mpg.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Should be able to open the tail gate without having to disengage the bed cover.

good car
By oscar

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I sell Hondas, so you can imagine what kind of buyer I am. The Subaru is for my wife (yes I could not sell her a Honda). Anyways the car is great - she loves it, the only thing they need to improve is the pick up from 0 to 60 for the auto transmission, it's a little bit sluggish. Also a gas guzzler considering is a small car; we get 18.5 miles to gallon on city with light traffic. That is what I get in my V-6 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4, then again you have to consider that the Baja is an all wheel drive. Overall I'll give a 9.5.

Favorite Features

The look, the all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Pick up, gas mileage.

great car/truck
By icrackdr

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I wouldn't trade for any other car.

Favorite Features

Mine is yellow and has a leather interior, sport lamps and black soft cover. The only thing I hate is the dealership. Anyway, it's the only dealer in Kansas City and I got no choice. They provided really BAD service (both sell and repair/part).

Suggested Improvements

Maybe need to improve in the fuel economy category. It's not too bad but not that great.

Dream car/truck
By Frankie

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the first ad came out for the Baja, I was hooked. I test drove the first models our Subaru dealership got and it was instant want. They handle beautifully, gets awesome gas mileage and has a wonderful sporty design. The comforts of a sedan with the utility of a truck. I had a 2000 Ford Focus before I got the Baja I have now, and when it started giving me problems, I wasted no time giving the dealership the keys and traded it for my very own, my first Subaru Baja. And I am happy I made the decision. This vehicle is certainly made for someone like me with the life style I have. Versatile and impressive. A well built machine for its day!

Favorite Features

Everything. Never had a car with a electronic compass and outside temperature gauge so it's nice to have those features. The moon roof is a great feature and compartments in the interior are plentiful.

Suggested Improvements

About the only thing I see that needs some improving is the steering wheel area. My knees hit the lower part of the housing and mind you I'm only 5'1"! And my husband has a little hard time with it too, being he's 6'4". But all and all 100% satisfaction!

perfect car/perfect truck
By bonnie

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love my Baja wouldn't trade it for any other car or truck. Subaru is making mistake not continuing making them. Everything is great, from sounds to drive. From a beach to a mud hole it drives on it.

Favorite Features

All, the size, the drive, the look and it never leaves me on the side of the road.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion is to factory tint all windows and have a fold up back cover part of car when purchased. I made one for mine, works great. Keep making them.