2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Practical but slow
By HaveFunWithIt on 01/11/06 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am really getting attached to the Baja. It's fun to drive because of its accurate steering and light weight. There is a lot of aluminum on this vehicle (motor heads and block, tranny, differential cover, etc). The bed looks really small, but I fit a full sized dirt bike in it (300cc) with gear bag and tool box. No one believes that it will fit until they see it. And that is WITHOUT folding down the pass through door to the cab. The Baja is the slowest car I have ever driven, though. I have an Isuzu pickup with 2.6L 4 cylinder motor (Baja 2.5L 4 cylinder) with 225k miles on it that is 3 times quicker. And I always considered the Isuzu to be slow. I am not exaggerating one bit about this.

Very practical "truck"
By tcatbaja on 09/22/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I came from a Tundra looking for something smaller. Was all set on a Tacoma, but tried a Baja and loved it. Very solid ride, "almost" like an RX7 I used to own. Perfect for hauling small stuff. 21-29 mileage is a stretch; my first tank was 18.3, all city driving, but still much better than the 13-14 I got with the Tundra. I got the Royal Blue metallic, which gets dirty quick. I'd probably get silver if I had it to do again.

Versatility is a quality itself
By Eugenio on 09/13/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car is the definition of versatility. You can have a big car, a sedan style drive, a reliable hauler. If you have an outdoorsy lifestyle, it is the best way to go. Yet to see a better way to carry my mountain bike.

Subaru Baja 2005
By Manny on 07/30/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Enough power for a stock drivetrain. Good on gas (hwy). About 400 miles to the tank. Could be a little more comfortable, but the car is equipped nicely.