Used 2006 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Silver Bullet
By Jason

2006 Subaru Baja Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love driving my '06 Baja Turbo! It accelerates quickly and performs very well. I have hauled a big freezer, a washer & dryer set (whole set at once!), even hauled a riding mower home from Sears. The mower barely fit, but due to the width of the Baja's bed I was able to accomodate it. It's awesome in the snow and mud and I have yet to get it stuck. The Baja comes well equipped with an impressive list of standard equipment. I love driving my Baja!

My favorite feature is the All Wheel Drive.

Offer a power rear window instead of the 'switchback' system. How about an in-bed 'trunk' like the Honda Ridgeline? Subaru ceased Baja production in 2006, so my suggestions are falling on deaf ears!

Consolation prize
By Defo

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

$100 a week on fuel was reason enough to sell my Frontier and acquire a used Baja. I'd trade-off the loss of a little pickup and a 6' bed for the all wheel drive/better handling, great standard features (fog lights, power moonroof, ski rack, bed extender, etc.) to save 30% on the gas bill any day! This vehicle is a great downsizing option. Subaru may want to re-think their decision to stop making them before a competitor does.

All wheel drive, gas mileage, moonroof, roof rack, bed extender

Provide a locking, hard plastic Tonneau cover. Cost to purchase a vinyl quality, aftermarket one was over $500. Aftermarket cargo cap costs over $1,850!

My favorite car
By kim

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A truck doesn't compare. A car doesn't compare. This is the best of both worlds. You have the versatility and payload of a truck, the four wheel capability of a truck, the acceleration of a low end performance car, and the comfort of a low end luxury car.

The way this car handles in adverse weather is in a class all by itself. It takes curves in all types of weather as if the ground were bone dry. I have yet to find something I can not transport in this car.

Storage space inside.

My cartruck
By leslie

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love the versatility. Love the low entry. Miss storage compartments. Back seat compartment too small. Great handling in rain and snow.

Dropdown seat with hatch opening. Bed extender. Handling in adverse weather conditions.

More compartments. More back seat room. Better acceleration.

May be a niche market, but one I'm in!
By ted13

2006 Subaru Baja Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I absolutely love my Baja! Fantastic handling, comfort, and style with more than enough room for cargo for me. I do wish the gas mileage was a bit better, though.

Acceleration, my turbo model hauls keester. Style, it gets noticed. Comfort, nice to ride in, very smooth.

A hybrid that would improve mpg rating.