2006 Subaru Baja Sport Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
03 Baja 2.5 non turbo
By wot27 on 01/04/11 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Being my 2nd Subaru, I am glad this one isn't the SVX. I LOVE this one, its great in the bends, a little on slow side w/out turbo but keeping rpm's up compensates fine for "in the city" driving if you feel the need. I have slight leak at 60k miles on my heads. As it seems to be known issue, I am displeased SOA has not done something to correct issue with the customers. as long as I get too 100k ill do head gaskets, water pump and belt @ same time. till then just keeping the oil changed.

Fun to drive
By DWL on 11/22/06 14:04 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is not a high performance car but I knew that when I bought it. It is peppy for its engine and body size. It also handles curves really nice. As for comfort, it is comfortable as I need and it gets good gas mileage considering I drive 78 miles everyday to and from work. I am getting in the upper 26 to lower 27/mpg.

good car
By oscar on 11/05/06 08:36 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I sell Hondas, so you can imagine what kind of buyer I am. The Subaru is for my wife (yes I could not sell her a Honda). Anyways the car is great - she loves it, the only thing they need to improve is the pick up from 0 to 60 for the auto transmission, it's a little bit sluggish. Also a gas guzzler considering is a small car; we get 18.5 miles to gallon on city with light traffic. That is what I get in my V-6 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4, then again you have to consider that the Baja is an all wheel drive. Overall I'll give a 9.5.

great car/truck
By icrackdr on 10/05/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I wouldn't trade for any other car.

Dream car/truck
By Frankie on 09/16/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the first ad came out for the Baja, I was hooked. I test drove the first models our Subaru dealership got and it was instant want. They handle beautifully, gets awesome gas mileage and has a wonderful sporty design. The comforts of a sedan with the utility of a truck. I had a 2000 Ford Focus before I got the Baja I have now, and when it started giving me problems, I wasted no time giving the dealership the keys and traded it for my very own, my first Subaru Baja. And I am happy I made the decision. This vehicle is certainly made for someone like me with the life style I have. Versatile and impressive. A well built machine for its day!

Chick Magnet
By Russ on 08/18/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This useful little truck is a great conversation piece and says a lot about me and the things I do. If you need a big truck, buy a big truck. If you need a fast car, buy a fast car. If you need some of both, but only have room in your driveway for one, get the Baja. It pwns.

A great little truck
By Roadmaster on 01/24/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This truck with the options for the bed extender does everything I want it to do. It drives like a car and really hauls the stuff.

Subaru Baja 2005
By Manny on 07/30/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Enough power for a stock drivetrain. Good on gas (hwy). About 400 miles to the tank. Could be a little more comfortable, but the car is equipped nicely.