Used 2006 Subaru Baja Sport Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Baja

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

03 Baja 2.5 non turbo
By wot27

Being my 2nd Subaru, I am
glad this one isn't the SVX. I LOVE this one, its great in
the bends, a little on slow side w/out turbo but keeping rpm's up compensates fine for "in the city" driving if you feel the need. I have slight leak at 60k miles on my heads. As it seems to be known issue, I am displeased SOA has not done something to correct issue with
the customers. as long as I get too 100k ill do head gaskets, water pump and belt @ same time. till then just keeping the oil changed.

Subaru of America, Own up, Offer Subaru owners something that is obviously a KNOWN issue, to be fixed at reduced/free cost. We as owners didn't expect faulty head gaskets. Yet, we still enjoy your product enough, to recommend others buy them.

Fun to drive
By DWL

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is not a high performance car but I knew that when I bought it. It is peppy for its engine and body size. It also handles curves really nice. As for comfort, it is comfortable as I need and it gets good gas mileage considering I drive 78 miles everyday to and from work. I am getting in the upper 26 to lower 27/mpg.

Manual transmission.

Should be able to open the tail gate without having to disengage the bed cover.

good car
By oscar

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I sell Hondas, so you can imagine what kind of buyer I am. The Subaru is for my wife (yes I could not sell her a Honda). Anyways the car is great - she loves it, the only thing they need to improve is the pick up from 0 to 60 for the auto transmission, it's a little bit sluggish. Also a gas guzzler considering is a small car; we get 18.5 miles to gallon on city with light traffic. That is what I get in my V-6 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4, then again you have to consider that the Baja is an all wheel drive. Overall I'll give a 9.5.

The look, the all wheel drive.

Pick up, gas mileage.

great car/truck
By icrackdr

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I wouldn't trade for any other car.

Mine is yellow and has a leather interior, sport lamps and black soft cover. The only thing I hate is the dealership. Anyway, it's the only dealer in Kansas City and I got no choice. They provided really BAD service (both sell and repair/part).

Maybe need to improve in the fuel economy category. It's not too bad but not that great.

Dream car/truck
By Frankie

2006 Subaru Baja Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the first ad came out for the Baja, I was hooked. I test drove the first models our Subaru dealership got and it was instant want. They handle beautifully, gets awesome gas mileage and has a wonderful sporty design. The comforts of a sedan with the utility of a truck. I had a 2000 Ford Focus before I got the Baja I have now, and when it started giving me problems, I wasted no time giving the dealership the keys and traded it for my very own, my first Subaru Baja. And I am happy I made the decision. This vehicle is certainly made for someone like me with the life style I have. Versatile and impressive. A well built machine for its day!

Everything. Never had a car with a electronic compass and outside temperature gauge so it's nice to have those features. The moon roof is a great feature and compartments in the interior are plentiful.

About the only thing I see that needs some improving is the steering wheel area. My knees hit the lower part of the housing and mind you I'm only 5'1"! And my husband has a little hard time with it too, being he's 6'4". But all and all 100% satisfaction!