2005 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: Overall Excellent Vehicle!

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Overall Excellent Vehicle!
By vv on

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm an officer in the Military and I was moving to Alaska. While I really wanted to buy the STi, a BMW 330 or a Chevy Avalanche, I couldn't bring myself to part with $35,000+, plus I was afraid the roads in Alaska and Canada would be a little too much for the first two. So, I opted for the Baja Turbo. I'm very glad I did! I immediatedly drove the vehicle 4K miles through Cali, Oreagon, Washington and Canada. The manual turbo is awesome! I only wish it had the same new engine design as the Outback and the Legacy.

The Turbo is great! All the standard features, from the fog lights, to the cruise control, to the sun roof, to the standard 6 disk CD player. I really felt no need or guilt to invest in any of the options (other than the Turbo).

Add an option for GPS with onboard navigation, a digital display (possible the ability to play DVD's) and the option for satellite radio and you've got a winner!