2005 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: No more Subarus for OUR family

2005 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed)

No more Subarus for OUR family
By disgusted on

2005 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Let's see...the transmission went out at 3,000 miles. The carpet had to be replaced because of a poorly designed mat-holder. The trim is crooked, the mileage stinks, the warranty offered by the company is not comparable with other manufacturers. Should I keep going? Oh I suggested a friend buy a Subaru as well and her review would be similar to mine...NOT TOO HOT! Together, our invoice paperwork for all the trips we've made to have items examined/repaired could reforest a small country.

It LOOKS good...but looks really aren't everything.

Redesign the floor-mat holder, drivers side. Make sure the transmission is a better-designed transmission. Include a more extensive warranty with purchase, rather than charge an arm and a leg for extended warranty. Retrain the dealership in Dallas...that's a good thought.
By rl1inpa
on 02/19/11 10:31 AM (PST)

could it be you? I've had mine for 4 years and not a days problem or complaint.

By rl1inpa
on 01/12/13 14:00 PM (PST)

Well here I am two years later and an additional 30 k miles. I did have to replace the clutch at 95,000 (possibly my fault) but thats it. I have the turbo model and its been flawless!