Used 2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Baja truck/car
By chuckc

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab w/Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have about 13,000 on mine in 7 months and love it. I have the only one in my area, and I get compliments on its looks all the time. No problems with it yet, other than what sounds like minor belt rub, unlike my Mitsubishi Spyder which was a real piece of junk mechanically. My only complaint is what others have said, that the bed top is difficult to lift; needs a handle or something. Otherwise I really like it so far!

The best thing is the looks, but this thing is very quick, especially at higher rpm's.

Three suggestions; an optional tan leather interior, a handle or something on the bed cover and true random multi CD play.

Form meets Function
By JustLee

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car/truck is just plain fun.

Easy to drive. Corners great. Even though a 4 cylinder has plenty of giddy up.

Put storage space under the back seat. Offer a weather proof cargo pouch for the truck bed.

Got Mud?
By Nicole

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love this little truck. It is fun to drive. I live off of a dirt road and this truck handles great on the dirt and in the snow. I love that it is enough of a truck that I can haul gardening equipment. The CD player is also better than I expected. In my last Subaru the CD player skipped all the time and the new one I have to hit something pretty hard to get it to skip. It is an overall fun truck.

I love the turbo! I can pass anyone on the highway. The sound system is a great feature as well. The way that the truck sits is higher than more other Subaru's is a nice feature.

There could be a little more leg room for the passengers, and room for storage behind the seats. The tie downs in the bed should be higher, like in larger trucks. That would make it easier to bungee various things in the back.

MY BAJA
By JoAnn Schreckengost

We were trying to downsize and sold our van and Chevy S-10 for 2004 Baja. It's everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle, easy to drive. Now I can drive at night with the fog lights; every car should have them. It is NOT a car for a pack rat unless you throw all your "stuff" in the bed; very little room for tissues, glasses, all the things women want to carry, but the other EXCELLENT features far outweigh the incidentals.

Fog lights, AWD, easy on gasoline, four door truck, easy conversion to large truck bed, CUTE!

The back seat that folds down to allow longer things to be hauled in the bed, could maybe made a little deeper to allow for an extra storage compartment.

GET POWER SEATS
By Polishsausag

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love everything about this vehicle except for the non power seats. If I could have any one feature over again, I would get power seats. I may try to get my hands on one from a junkyard. The bed is amazingly useful. I have used it for a ton of large objects, and the hose off ability is also great. The interior is quite stylish and the turbo definitely makes it feel like a high powered six cylinder. I am a tall guy and wanted a truck that handled like a car and got the gas mileage of a car. This vehicle is everything I wanted. My only complaint - no power seats only recline and slide back. Power seats tilt and adjust in many ways. Go for the power seats, and it will be pure fun!

Interior styling, Truck bed functionality good for everything except full drywall sheets. Turbocharger makes that baby fly. AWD got me out of a bunch of snow dunes, and provides fantastic traction.

Only offer power seats or install tilting multi-adjustable non-power ones.