2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Well Rounded Choice
By Paul on 01/01/05 14:35 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab w/Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Despite a long delay in receiving this vehicle from order to delivery, the vehicle was worth the wait. This is a well rounded vehicle. Serves my purposes well. I had owned a 2003 Baja as well. This is a great improvement.

2004 BAJA Turbo
By Gene Forget on 11/25/04 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I actually own a 2004 Turbo Baja. This is the second Outback type that we own, and my wife and I love it. I wanted a WRX, but I couldn't justify it, as it wasn't practical. THIS, I can justify, as it serves many purposes. So far mileage is good, it is still breaking in, and it is just plain old fun to drive.

2005 Baja Sport
By NekoJCat on 11/08/04 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, I was considering the Turbo model, but when it came down to it the Sport was sufficient for my needs. It still has quite a bit of kick to it, and does a very impressive jump off the line. I've had it about a month now, gets looks around town, some good some bad, but that was my draw to it. It's a unique car, and it really is a blast to drive.

Sporty AND cute
By Nurse on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had no intentions on buying a car when I bought this Subaru....I drove an Isuzu Rodeo and was going to look at the new Isuzu (which I found out that they were the same as a Trailblazer or Envoy) So I was not impressed. I saw the Baja at the lot and it really caught my eye. I took one out for a test drive and it was sweet! Then the guy asked me to drive the turbo version...so I did. That was all it took! I never had a car with such pep and its so much fun to drive. The safety features were also a major selling point. I wasnt ready for a luxury car yet, I still like the fact I can go to Home Depot and throw stuff in the back! I got Quality, Safety, Perform

Baja - Arriba
By gmroper on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

What a fun car to drive. Though the car has been out for 1year+, it still draws looks. Comfortable, peppy and utilitarian. I've hauled all but the biggest cargo and had fun doing it. In town milage is great compared to other vehicles I've driven, and though over the road could be better (I get 29mpg) it is a terrific. My wife has one as well and she likes it better than the sporty cars she has driven before. In short, a fun truck, sporty but useful. No hesitation to recommend it to anyone wanting something different.

2005 Baja Turbo, Manual Transmission
By Grant Kenion on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. It is fast, corners well, and for paddlers and/or cyclists, it is very practical. 4-wheel drive and the braking system are nice safety features. Everyone who has driven mine thinks it is a blast. Subaru has done a crappy job promoting a great product, but hey, that's Subaru. Dealer was very professional during sale, hope that continues for service.

stylish and fun
By BuddyL on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This two-tone silver vehicle was stunning on the showroom floor. The ride is remarkably quiet and when the accelerator is punched, hang on, because she wants to go!

Great fun to drive
By NoritakeDR on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Stylish good looks, great handling, and a very fast motor make this car the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I test drove the non-turbo and found the engine to be lacking. The downside of the turbo is poorer gas milage and you must use premium fuel, but the vehicle is extraordinarily responsive, particularly on hills. I drove the car on a trip of 300 miles and it is a bit wearing over the long haul because of the light weight compared to a sedan which I previously owned, however in town the vehicle is a real blast to drive. This is a great car for weekend lovers.

Rear headrest
By Thomas1965 on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not exactley the best raar visibility, rear headrests are too large as well as not removable, large blind spot, left and right, backend too high, the latter 2 items take some time to get used too, gets tons of compliments looking forawrd to many years of driving, have taken it off road...handles well, we actually have the 2003 1/2 model year couldnt find a review for it, Baja yellow rules. gas mileage equivilent too most cars 22-24mpg,love the sunroof,handles well in both rain and snow. The torneau cover adds some privacy but is not burglar proof, fun to be a passenger in the bed durring apple picking season. Pass. in the back seats love the forward view.

A pickup with an auto ride
By ptdulac on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best thing is the manuverability. Considering the size it easily wheels around town without a problem. The worst is my choice to leave off the Turbo. If acceleration is not important to you, this truck will be perfect.