Used 2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Form meets Function
By JustLee

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car/truck is just plain fun.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Corners great. Even though a 4 cylinder has plenty of giddy up.

Suggested Improvements

Put storage space under the back seat. Offer a weather proof cargo pouch for the truck bed.

Got Mud?
By Nicole

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love this little truck. It is fun to drive. I live off of a dirt road and this truck handles great on the dirt and in the snow. I love that it is enough of a truck that I can haul gardening equipment. The CD player is also better than I expected. In my last Subaru the CD player skipped all the time and the new one I have to hit something pretty hard to get it to skip. It is an overall fun truck.

Favorite Features

I love the turbo! I can pass anyone on the highway. The sound system is a great feature as well. The way that the truck sits is higher than more other Subaru's is a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

There could be a little more leg room for the passengers, and room for storage behind the seats. The tie downs in the bed should be higher, like in larger trucks. That would make it easier to bungee various things in the back.

MY BAJA
By JoAnn Schreckengost

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab w/Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We were trying to downsize and sold our van and Chevy S-10 for 2004 Baja. It's everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle, easy to drive. Now I can drive at night with the fog lights; every car should have them. It is NOT a car for a pack rat unless you throw all your "stuff" in the bed; very little room for tissues, glasses, all the things women want to carry, but the other EXCELLENT features far outweigh the incidentals.

Favorite Features

Fog lights, AWD, easy on gasoline, four door truck, easy conversion to large truck bed, CUTE!

Suggested Improvements

The back seat that folds down to allow longer things to be hauled in the bed, could maybe made a little deeper to allow for an extra storage compartment.

GET POWER SEATS
By Polishsausag

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love everything about this vehicle except for the non power seats. If I could have any one feature over again, I would get power seats. I may try to get my hands on one from a junkyard. The bed is amazingly useful. I have used it for a ton of large objects, and the hose off ability is also great. The interior is quite stylish and the turbo definitely makes it feel like a high powered six cylinder. I am a tall guy and wanted a truck that handled like a car and got the gas mileage of a car. This vehicle is everything I wanted. My only complaint - no power seats only recline and slide back. Power seats tilt and adjust in many ways. Go for the power seats, and it will be pure fun!

Favorite Features

Interior styling, Truck bed functionality good for everything except full drywall sheets. Turbocharger makes that baby fly. AWD got me out of a bunch of snow dunes, and provides fantastic traction.

Suggested Improvements

Only offer power seats or install tilting multi-adjustable non-power ones.

Love My Toy Baja
By Victor

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Baja to replace a 98 Isuzu Pickup. This is the best trar, (truck/car - thats what my wife calls it), that I ever owned. Power everything standard. I drive about 1,000 miles a week and feel save and secure. Great on the highway and fun in town. A real head turner. Live in FL and with the bad rains, have no problem. No pull when hitting puddles. Drives true and straight. Will recommend any Subaru to anyone. Can't beat AWD.

Favorite Features

Power everything. Enough room for my family of 4 plus some. Handles great.

Suggested Improvements

A little more HP would be nice without buying the turbo.