2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Form meets Function
By JustLee on 06/28/05 18:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car/truck is just plain fun.

Got Mud?
By Nicole on 06/27/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love this little truck. It is fun to drive. I live off of a dirt road and this truck handles great on the dirt and in the snow. I love that it is enough of a truck that I can haul gardening equipment. The CD player is also better than I expected. In my last Subaru the CD player skipped all the time and the new one I have to hit something pretty hard to get it to skip. It is an overall fun truck.

MY BAJA
By JoAnn Schreckengost on 06/27/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab w/Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We were trying to downsize and sold our van and Chevy S-10 for 2004 Baja. It's everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle, easy to drive. Now I can drive at night with the fog lights; every car should have them. It is NOT a car for a pack rat unless you throw all your "stuff" in the bed; very little room for tissues, glasses, all the things women want to carry, but the other EXCELLENT features far outweigh the incidentals.

GET POWER SEATS
By Polishsausag on 06/15/05 18:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I love everything about this vehicle except for the non power seats. If I could have any one feature over again, I would get power seats. I may try to get my hands on one from a junkyard. The bed is amazingly useful. I have used it for a ton of large objects, and the hose off ability is also great. The interior is quite stylish and the turbo definitely makes it feel like a high powered six cylinder. I am a tall guy and wanted a truck that handled like a car and got the gas mileage of a car. This vehicle is everything I wanted. My only complaint - no power seats only recline and slide back. Power seats tilt and adjust in many ways. Go for the power seats, and it will be pure fun!

Love My Toy Baja
By Victor on 05/22/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Baja to replace a 98 Isuzu Pickup. This is the best trar, (truck/car - thats what my wife calls it), that I ever owned. Power everything standard. I drive about 1,000 miles a week and feel save and secure. Great on the highway and fun in town. A real head turner. Live in FL and with the bad rains, have no problem. No pull when hitting puddles. Drives true and straight. Will recommend any Subaru to anyone. Can't beat AWD.

i just love it.
By robert meydrech on 05/12/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

Get up and go. Just perfect on the road. Every body looks at it (what is it?). I am 66 years old. and is just great for my wife and two grand kids. Is it a truck or a car? Shopping is great with this.

Happy Days with My Subaru Baja
By PARA 958 on 05/04/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had 3 other Subarus but this is the first Baja. Love the looks of this car, the comfort of the well designed seats, and the fuel economy (20 city, 28 hwy). Love the comments I receive from people and the ability to haul light items in the bed. The bed extender was a nice touch. Looked at the Turbo model but decided against it because of having to use premium fuel. For those who need a car to zip here and there on errands, this car meets those needs. Back seats are comfortable and up above the front. Backseat passengers love it. Wish the rear window would raise up. But other than that, no complaints about my Baja.

Baja
By Bob on 05/01/05 06:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased the Subaru Baja Sport for my commute to work. Although it's only been about one month since I bought the Baja it has proven to be a good choice. I am getting 28mpg. It's fun to drive and though it's no sports car it handles and accelerates good enough for me.

not too bad
By From Western NY on 04/25/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

PRO: All wheel drive - been through two Buffalo winters and it goes anywhere. Getting 26-28 mpg in the summer. Have used the pass-trough more than expected, a lifesaver. The bed extender is handy. Glad I didn't get the turbo, don't need it in the city and gas prices. CON: The stupid engine has "major hesitation" when starting in first gear. Snow tends to pack under the front windshield wiper/hood. Opening the door in winter always causes snow to fall onto the seat. NITPICKS: Windshield glass is wavey, seat bolsters are too big - hard to get into/out of the front seat, radio sounds like the 1950's, cup holders are short and in the way. Windshield won't clear 100% on extremely cold days.

new owner
By charles young on 04/02/05 08:48 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am new in the Subaru area. I bought a Baja to play with. I like it very much, but it is to early to really give an experienced report. Will do that later. So far it has been what I expected.