2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Our 5th Subaru
By john on 08/05/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Subaru has to be building the best cars in North America. We have now owned a '92 SVX, two Outbacks, and now we have two Bajas. We were very impressed with our '05 Baja Sport, and when the '99 Outback came up for major maintenance, we traded for another '05 Baja Turbo. Wow, fast, fast, fast... gets up and moves like our 6-cyl. SVX did. Our Bajas are comfortable, affordable to drive, and never fail us. It is a shame to see Subaru making marketing errors. The Tribecca/B9 frankly is an over-priced, underperforming gas-hog that few will buy, (we test drove one) and Outbacks lack versatility. Baja was never marketed well, and no one knew they existed until they were discontinued, glad we got em.

My Very Favorite of Six Subaru Vehicles
By Kateri on 03/02/07 05:09 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2005 Baja Turbo is my very favorite of the six Subarus I've owned since 1985. This vehicle handles like a charm. February dumped the most snow ever on record in my area - no challenge for my Baja! March has only just begun and I drove to work today on icy roads, safely and confidently. I don't get trapped on the interstate between those rude truck drivers...I just whiz by before they can even begin to play their "chicken" games. The rear cargo bed area proves to be very handy. I can store things out of view and locked up. I just cannot imagine owning anything but a Subaru.

Most Fun I Ever Had!
By Renee on 11/14/06 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great vehicle. I lusted after the Brat in the 70's but never got the chance to own one. Thirty years later when it was time to buy a new car, this new version was on my list. After test driving an Infinity G35, VW Passat, and Mitsubishi, this was my last and final choice. As soon as I got behind the wheel, I was hooked! I've had this car for 2 years now and haven't regretted purchasing it once. For a fun time, dependability, and unusual looks, check this one out. People stop me all the time and ask about it; it's different from everything else on the road. Go for the manual transmission... it's great fun!

Stamina plus
By SoAnn Ott on 09/19/06 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Goes places that a regular or four wheel drive vehicle wouldn't attempt. Streamlined looks besides. This is the truck of our dreams.

These are so much fun to drive
By John on 03/23/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car i cant say one bad thing about it. Take one out for a drive and you will fall in love if you like the styling.

Sporty AND cute
By Nurse on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had no intentions on buying a car when I bought this Subaru....I drove an Isuzu Rodeo and was going to look at the new Isuzu (which I found out that they were the same as a Trailblazer or Envoy) So I was not impressed. I saw the Baja at the lot and it really caught my eye. I took one out for a test drive and it was sweet! Then the guy asked me to drive the turbo version...so I did. That was all it took! I never had a car with such pep and its so much fun to drive. The safety features were also a major selling point. I wasnt ready for a luxury car yet, I still like the fact I can go to Home Depot and throw stuff in the back! I got Quality, Safety, Perform

2005 Baja Turbo, Manual Transmission
By Grant Kenion on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. It is fast, corners well, and for paddlers and/or cyclists, it is very practical. 4-wheel drive and the braking system are nice safety features. Everyone who has driven mine thinks it is a blast. Subaru has done a crappy job promoting a great product, but hey, that's Subaru. Dealer was very professional during sale, hope that continues for service.

Overall Excellent Vehicle!
By vv on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm an officer in the Military and I was moving to Alaska. While I really wanted to buy the STi, a BMW 330 or a Chevy Avalanche, I couldn't bring myself to part with $35,000+, plus I was afraid the roads in Alaska and Canada would be a little too much for the first two. So, I opted for the Baja Turbo. I'm very glad I did! I immediatedly drove the vehicle 4K miles through Cali, Oreagon, Washington and Canada. The manual turbo is awesome! I only wish it had the same new engine design as the Outback and the Legacy.