2004 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: The little truck that can

2004 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic 3.5 ft. Bed)

The little truck that can
By BajaFan on

2004 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was originally looking to buy a Honda Element for its cargo abilities, but I was really drawn to the look of the Baja. The Baja is extremely comfortable and loaded with features. I drive the vehicle to and from work most of the time, but It holds my family comfortably. For home use, the Baja works great. I can go to the home inprovement center and get everything I need into the Baja's cargo area by using the pass through area. When I need to carry larger loads, I tow a 8x10 trailer with little effort. I love this little truck...and I get more than 20mpg everywhere I go..beat that.

The interior features are great: leather, fit/finish, ergonomics. The exterior looks great and I really like the all wheel drive. I owned a full size GMC before the Baja. The GMC had more problems than I can mention. The Baja is worry free and handles most of my needs just fine.

I miss the towing capacity of a full size truck, but the Baja handles all the tasks I throw at it. The acceleration was sluggish at first, but it has broken in and become adequate. If given the opportunity, I would have bought the turbo version.