2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Very Happy
By mc555 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just got mine 2 weeks ago, 1000 miles on it. Yes, I rack up the miles. I love the fact that it is a bit different and attracts attention. But most of all, I like the way it can handle the roads and conditions here in the NE. An inch higher ground clearance than my grand cherokee (150K miles in 6 yrs), good pick-up and all wheel drive. This isn't a light little thing either, not many lbs less than the jeep, but significantly better mileage and rides well over the rotten roads here. And the light grey bottom amd darker gray top is an awesome looking vehicle. Will carry bikes or hold all my camping gear.

Baja Rocks!
By davescomp on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has just what I wanted, and everything I needed. The ride, space adn comfort of a car, and the ability to throw whatever I need in the back. I don't have to worry if I am hauling something dirty or smelly, and if it is something long, I can open the back end. It may seem like a short bed at first, but with the conversion of teh back seat and the bed extender, it is not bad at all. I have brought home full sized panneling, lumber, lattice, bags of concrete, and hauled many other things like plants and muddy yard tools. All I had to do was spray out the back end!

early
By ivesgn on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab w/Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

2 k miles driven. very fun acceleration is great and i weight 270# all wheel drive is fantastic reliability will be rated later

Fun Car
By AlliRock on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this vehicle. It maneuvers great. It is just fun to drive.

This truck is a blast
By Bertag on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My Turbo Baja handles like a sedan, will haul my bicycles or dirt bike and accelerates like a musclecar. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. The five speed was hard to find but well worth the effort. If 80% of the full size truck drivers would admit to themselves that this is all they really need for hauling and off road operation---they would be a lot happier on a daily basis.

That Weird Kid In School
By BajaJake on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

"Not just weird, powerfully weird". That was the best quote I've heard to describe the Baja Turbo when it launched last year. I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from the factory, but I have driven each version of the Baja made since it's intro in '03. For those of us who need a small truck, but not a buckboard-riding, fuel sucking steel can, there's now a wagon-based wannabeatruck that handles real-life in the best of fashions.

Best truck for surfers
By cold heart on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this truck for a while i haven't had to fix barly anything yet

The little truck that can
By BajaFan on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was originally looking to buy a Honda Element for its cargo abilities, but I was really drawn to the look of the Baja. The Baja is extremely comfortable and loaded with features. I drive the vehicle to and from work most of the time, but It holds my family comfortably. For home use, the Baja works great. I can go to the home inprovement center and get everything I need into the Baja's cargo area by using the pass through area. When I need to carry larger loads, I tow a 8x10 trailer with little effort. I love this little truck...and I get more than 20mpg everywhere I go..beat that.

The 2004 Baja has arrived
By BajaBhoy on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Picked up the new 2004 Baja today. The turbo option makes it surprisingly fun to drive, with all the stability of my wife's Forrester. This is not a luxury car, but more of a lad's car -- the small pickup bed is going to be useful when the snow melts and the weather improves. Gets a lot of attention, unusual on the streets of NYC. Silver color, looks quite sharp. For the money, an attention-grabbing, outdoors lifestyle-facilitating break from the mundane.

Baja Turbo - Colorado
By hatake on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Recommend to those who a) haul large object every now and then (it is not a pickup truck, it's a car with a small bed), b) don't race (if you do, go with Forester or WRX), c) live in higher altitude (above 8,000 ft) and still need responsive engine, d) not too concerned about gas mileage (about 22 mpg), e) like the looks (at least able to tolerate), and f) if your bike costed more than $1500 and always nervous when it is on roofrack. It's a good alternative car for regular light DIY Home Depot kind of folks.