2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
So far so good
By derek on 04/13/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After doing much research, and based on my needs, I decided to purchase a used Baja. Finding one in Pittsburgh, it was a 5 speed turbo, and I can say thus far that I am very happy with it. I do a lot of driving and the Baja is a very enjoyable ride, from the power. The sport like handling and feel, then mix in the versatility of the pick up bed, plus its good and/or unusual look, I am very satisfied so far. Then add in Subaru safety and reliability, I guess you can say I am now a convert. I picked up a bed cover, a bike hitch carrier, plus a few other accessories, and am good to go.

Outstanding
By BMoon73 on 04/17/06 16:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Before buying this vehicle, I was buying a new vehicle every year. I've finally found a vehicle that meets all of my needs, and is durable and reliable!

Great Fun and works great
By CJoffe on 05/29/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Turbo Baja is the all time sleeper. This car is fast as well as being tough. After a year we still love every minute of driving this vehicle. What people never realize until AFTER they own it is just how great the handling and ride are. With the exception of front legroom, the interior cabin size is great, with plenty of passenger space. The folding rear seats are very handy.

Are you kidding me?
By Schafdog on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am sold big time. I bought an all silver, manual, turbo and boy can she fly- and a real eye catcher. This car is an absolute blast to drive. It is a sports car with the ability to perform all the functions of a small truck. Who knew!? It is a four seater but lots of room and very comfortable and the sound system is excellent. I wanted something reliable, fun and versatile and this car is all of that. They make a cover for the backend so essentially you can store stuff like a trunk or use it for hauling anything- the versatility is insane. Suburu reliability, amazingly fun, AWD! and overall versatility of the vehicle - all at an amazing price.

Fun Car
By AlliRock on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this vehicle. It maneuvers great. It is just fun to drive.

This truck is a blast
By Bertag on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My Turbo Baja handles like a sedan, will haul my bicycles or dirt bike and accelerates like a musclecar. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. The five speed was hard to find but well worth the effort. If 80% of the full size truck drivers would admit to themselves that this is all they really need for hauling and off road operation---they would be a lot happier on a daily basis.

That Weird Kid In School
By BajaJake on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

"Not just weird, powerfully weird". That was the best quote I've heard to describe the Baja Turbo when it launched last year. I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from the factory, but I have driven each version of the Baja made since it's intro in '03. For those of us who need a small truck, but not a buckboard-riding, fuel sucking steel can, there's now a wagon-based wannabeatruck that handles real-life in the best of fashions.

Best truck for surfers
By cold heart on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this truck for a while i haven't had to fix barly anything yet

Baja Turbo - Colorado
By hatake on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Recommend to those who a) haul large object every now and then (it is not a pickup truck, it's a car with a small bed), b) don't race (if you do, go with Forester or WRX), c) live in higher altitude (above 8,000 ft) and still need responsive engine, d) not too concerned about gas mileage (about 22 mpg), e) like the looks (at least able to tolerate), and f) if your bike costed more than $1500 and always nervous when it is on roofrack. It's a good alternative car for regular light DIY Home Depot kind of folks.