Used 2004 Subaru Baja Turbo Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

So far so good
By derek

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After doing much research, and based on my needs, I decided to purchase a used Baja. Finding one in Pittsburgh, it was a 5 speed turbo, and I can say thus far that I am very happy with it. I do a lot of driving and the Baja is a very enjoyable ride, from the power. The sport like handling and feel, then mix in the versatility of the pick up bed, plus its good and/or unusual look, I am very satisfied so far. Then add in Subaru safety and reliability, I guess you can say I am now a convert. I picked up a bed cover, a bike hitch carrier, plus a few other accessories, and am good to go.

Favorite Features

5 speed, turbo engine, truck bed, ride quality and sportiness.

Suggested Improvements

None really.

Outstanding
By BMoon73

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Before buying this vehicle, I was buying a new vehicle every year. I've finally found a vehicle that meets all of my needs, and is durable and reliable!

Favorite Features

I really love the stance of tihs truck, not too low, not too high. The gravel/dirt beach and rutted road performance really shows off an outstanding suspension design.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I miss is a trunk like space. If this vehicle had a sub-compartment like the Honda Ridgeline it would be absolutely perfect. Still, for everything else, especially size and price, I'll keep my Turbo Baja!

Great Fun and works great
By CJoffe

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Turbo Baja is the all time sleeper. This car is fast as well as being tough. After a year we still love every minute of driving this vehicle. What people never realize until AFTER they own it is just how great the handling and ride are. With the exception of front legroom, the interior cabin size is great, with plenty of passenger space. The folding rear seats are very handy.

Favorite Features

Turbo, ride, handling, utility.

Suggested Improvements

At 6'4", it could use a little more leg room up front. The shifter is a bit sloppy. Tailgate doesn't lock.

Are you kidding me?
By Schafdog

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am sold big time. I bought an all silver, manual, turbo and boy can she fly- and a real eye catcher. This car is an absolute blast to drive. It is a sports car with the ability to perform all the functions of a small truck. Who knew!? It is a four seater but lots of room and very comfortable and the sound system is excellent. I wanted something reliable, fun and versatile and this car is all of that. They make a cover for the backend so essentially you can store stuff like a trunk or use it for hauling anything- the versatility is insane. Suburu reliability, amazingly fun, AWD! and overall versatility of the vehicle - all at an amazing price.

Favorite Features

Overall sports car feel of manual, turbo version. Accutremnets: AWD, antilock brakes, great 6 CD in dash stereo (6 speakers in the Turbo), sunroof, and overall versatility of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in tough place when operating a manual. Remote lock/unlock- sometimes need to press multiple times to unlock.

Fun Car
By AlliRock

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this vehicle. It maneuvers great. It is just fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Cute exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Subaru needs to offer the car in more colors.