Used 2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Sooby rooby roo, I love you!
By Lucas Martin

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car works great for fun loving people like me and my friends. It looks amazing on the outside, leathery and comfortable on the inside, and can take all kinds of rough treatment from rough Colorado off roading. One of my favorite features, is the truck bed, where we like to hang out and get fresh air. The only problem is that there is only 4 seats in the back, and the gearsift is wobbly. Still, this car is an amazing car, and I would way rather have this over a lexus or mercedes.

Super Subaru
By RDC913

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I just got my BAJA Turbo and I love it. All my friends and even my wife have been against the BAJA because of its looks. Personally I love the way it looks. I have never been one to let anyone influence my decisions. That's why it's parked in my driveway now. So far I am very pleased with it and I'm very glad I got the Turbo. It's very powerful and the functional hood scoop looks awesome!! The interior is simple but I sold my BMW 325 convertible to get one of these so it's a slight adjustment. I snowboard and wanted a vehicle that would do well in the snow. The reviews from other BAJA owners sold me. I can't wait to use it this coming winter. I wish these would come back into production.

The Turbo (function and look), AWD, Short Bed, Handling.

The interior is very simple and the seats are not very comfortable. I would recommend that you only get leather with power and heated seats. I wish the back window had a slid or roll down option. It would give a fun open air fell. Perfect for a vehicle like this. Subaru, make this truck again!

4 years and still my favorite
By Maggie

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 2 years old it crept stealthily out of a field that had become a mud bog that big 4x4's were being winched from after a substanital rainstorm. I couldn't believe it! I was the only vehicle to get out without assistance! Had minor 1st gear stalling problem that required a switch replacement this year, but no other problems in 4 years!

Versatile! Can take the whole family out one day and haul mulch the next! Last year maxxed out the 1000 pound hauling and did well during a short drive. Very agile on the highway!

Subaru no longer makes these, but It would have been nice to have the bed extender as standard.

So far so good
By derek

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After doing much research, and based on my needs, I decided to purchase a used Baja. Finding one in Pittsburgh, it was a 5 speed turbo, and I can say thus far that I am very happy with it. I do a lot of driving and the Baja is a very enjoyable ride, from the power. The sport like handling and feel, then mix in the versatility of the pick up bed, plus its good and/or unusual look, I am very satisfied so far. Then add in Subaru safety and reliability, I guess you can say I am now a convert. I picked up a bed cover, a bike hitch carrier, plus a few other accessories, and am good to go.

5 speed, turbo engine, truck bed, ride quality and sportiness.

None really.

Subaru Baja
By fyr1

2004 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great utility truck, only complaint is mileage dives 30% when towing 2000 lbs. It really could have used an extra speed in the automatic which would of made it more economical. At 70mph the engine is revving 3000 rpm. For a daily commuter and utility truck it is great more comfortable and economical than the Ford Ranger I traded in.

The cabin sits 4 people comfortably and you still have the open bed which accommodates more of anything than the Outback with roof in the way.

6 speed transmission, full opening through the back seat and fold down front passenger seat for even more utility space.