2003 Subaru Baja 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed Consumer Review - The Out-Brat is fun!

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

The Out-Brat is fun!
By Joe Miya on

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After wrecking my 1999 Ranger, the Baja was on my radar, but not the major focus. After driving one, I was hooked. The Baja was a fun little car to drive. After some thought, the trade- off of a smaller cargo capacity for much better fuel mileage was worth it. The Baja gets 5-7mpg more than the 4x4 compact trucks I was looking at. Even on the Sport trim, there is a long list of standard features. Seats are comfortable enough and there is decent headroom even with the moon roof. Could use a bit more in the way of power under the hood, but the Boxer-4 is more than enough for everyday driving.

Favorite Features

"Trucklet" styling. The swing-down licence plate frame for the tailgate. Fuel mileage. Long list of standard features. "Switchback" pass-through.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the "Subaru Blue" paint scheme. The 6 cylander engine from the Outback. Switch the cup holders from the driver side to the passenger side of the center console.