2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: Bought two of them

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Base Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed)

Bought two of them
By AnbAnimal2 on

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

In 2003 I first drove a Baja, liked it so much my son and I each bought one. This car has been a blast, from driving in a Blizzard in Vermont, to the rains of Hurricane Ivan in VA., to the north woods of Canada, the Beaches of Assateaque Island, and through the Rockies in Yellowstone for 5 months. Last year I got 35 mpg in the Rockies and up to 37 mpg on the way back to PA. It still amazes me that people still stop and look at the car. I have the differential cage added, tow package, an alpine stereo system, and a tonneau rear cover, + off Road light bar. This car is one of my favorites, both my son and I refuse to part with them. Mine is red and silver, his the yellow only produced in 2003.

Favorite Features

Its reliability and versatility, it's been a fun car. Runs great on sand (got pulled over on the beach by the police because they did not think it was legal, it's funny that my small Baja was singled out because they had never seen a truck this small on the beach at Assateaque). Backpacker friendly.

Suggested Improvements

Guess it's too late to make suggestions, since they are no longer made.