New Owner
By cirerrek on
2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Had a pickup and hated how it handled. The Baja Classic has the pickup bed and handles well. An excellent compromise, IMO. The bed is on the small size, true, but I actually like that because it means items are within easy reach. I test drove both a stick and auto, liked the auto better, very smooth and it doesn't transfer engine vibration through the steering wheel and shifter like the manual. Gas mileage is a bit on the low side, but it has a big tank and uses regular gas. The cruise stalk behind the steering wheel takes a bit of getting used to. After a couple of weeks of ownership, I am quite pleased with the vehicle.
Favorite Features
Pickup bed. Yes, I actually like the look (in maroon/red). The Classic's leather seats (quite comfy). Smoothness of the auto. Handling/AWD. Insurance loves day time running lights. Lots of little details.
Suggested Improvements
Radio controls are too small. Like to see radio controls on steering wheel. Lose the two controls for the sun-roof (see Volkswagen's sun-roof controls). Heated leather seats. 20 more non- turbo horse (I want the smoothness to stay). Extra set of tie-down hooks near top of bed