2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: El Camino to Baja

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Review

El Camino to Baja
By bruce nole on

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a 1985 Chevrolet el Camino with over 450,000 miles, I agreed to sell it to a private party because I knew I replace it with a new Baja. No need to wait for a Turbo model to come out. Not a sports car ... not an off road 4x4 ... but I can get from place to place, good roads and bad in remarkable time. 1st set of tires 78,000 miles. Shocks replaced and clutch. Carries more then you would think it does. Smooth highway driver. Absolutely invisible on the road allowing remarkably low travel time and exceptional mileage ... 25 mpg if I am really moving and can get 30ish within 5 mph of speed limit with cruise control. Any other 4 door pickup do that? I don't think so.

Seats, invisible design and silver color ... excellent engine torque over 3,000 rpm-6,000 rpm. Long lasting tires. Excellent firm steering. Top heating and air conditioning.

Subaru gave up very early on promoting the Baja. A real disappointment. Every owner I meet is in love with theirs. Come on Subaru. Do something.