4th time around
By UrABus on
2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is my 4th Subaru, my 1st was a GL- 10 loaded 5 speed w/4wh pneumatic air lift shocks 22 mpg. I bought one for each of my kids for safety and dependability, and wanted this vehicle since the BRAT hit the street. I'm glad I waited, this is better. 22 mpg. 6 mile commute. 98,000 miles runs like a top. My GL-10 could air lift 3 inches for more ground clearance. A great feature for this one. Air noise, yep, it's a truck not a limo. Shift slock between 15 and 20, yep, but it makes up it own mind. AWD yep, but I'm not so sure about reverse. Maybe that why it has the hooks on the back. Michigan snow,no problem. Gawkers, yep,it's a guy thing. Not a babe magnet. I would buy another one in a minute.
Favorite Features
I love the cockpit. It feels like you are really in control. I'm 230 lbs + and it still fits nicely even on long trips. Like the pass through and the extender. The D-rings and bed tie down hooks are great. I have toted my BBQ grill in the back very securely. My GPS fits perfect in dash by lighter.
Suggested Improvements
Air lift shocks. AWD light when in use. Less clatter when cold. Where's the spare? Three seat back. Removable head rest in back. Bun warmers in the seats Smoother shift between 2 & 3. Better surround sound. Removable back seat. Pleeze--Resume making the vehicle for sale. It's a great product.