2003 Subaru Baja 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed Consumer Review - It's about time

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Base Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed)

It's about time
By Fafnir on

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle I was looking for was to be used for primarily for around town driving and an occasional trip to the park with the dogs or to the home and garden store. I wanted something more car like not truck like and still have truck bed. This is it. The ride is smooth and the seats hold you in place. Steering and handling are great with the Speed Sensitive Power Steering and AWD. The power is good with the AWD switching the power to the rear wheels. Gas mileage is a little better getting 20-25 mpg. The AWD is easy to use as it does not require my interventions. It is fun to drive and gets a lot of looks.

Favorite Features

My AWD system comes in very handy for accident avoidance steering, emergency breaking, high speed lane changes, and constantly changing weather conditions. While I have been trained to perform these maneuvers, this system is a major benefit for inexperienced drivers.

Suggested Improvements

A few additional things should be offered. First larger engines like the 3.0 L engine in the Outback (HP 212, Torque 210). Also offer a lockable tailgate. Lastly, a hard top cover for the bed area would be excellent to have.