2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: Excellent Vehicle!

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Excellent Vehicle!
By jdaniel on

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a crew cab truck. After much research I decided on the Baja because EVERYTHING about it is better than a truck other than the smaller bed. Like the majority of people who own a truck, the bed is not used for work but rather for weekend purchases, garage sales, and trips to the home improvement stores. The Baja does just fine, gets better gas mileage, and as a used vehicle, it is a superb value. This vehicle handles like a sports car, came standard with leather, auto, power everything including sunroof; and it comes with an AWD system and engine that have been time tested and proved reliable.

Overall package, utility and value. I considered several other trucks, but for the price, I would be getting a basic 2WD Crew Cab rather than the loaded AWD Baja. I like the fact that it turns heads, though I know while many think it is cool, other probably think, "What the heck is that?"

Update styling to match new Outbacks (or Foresters?), and maybe seat three in the rear seat (though personally I have not had use for more than four seats). I love the new colors offered with the 2005 models.