2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Review: A great Suby

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual 3.5 ft. Bed)

A great Suby
By MikeeB on

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great vehicle. Has never been to the dealer since I purchased it for repairs, I do all the regular stuff to it. Carries all my stuff, tows my ATV, is very comfortable to drive. Good mileage for AWD, I average about 24 mpg, and high 20s on the highway. This is my first Subaru, and I will definitely look for another one when it is time to replace the Baja. Build quality is outstanding, with no weird noises or issues like many other cars. It is very comfortable to drive for long distances, I now have 113,000 miles on it, and will try to go for at least 300,000 before I replace it.

Style, looks like a toy truck some kid designed. Car body with truck bed comes in handy for hauling loads like a full size truck. You just can't haul as much. And the switchback seat that folds down to load longer things into the bed, has come in handy several times.

Subaru can't do anything to it since they quit making this vehicle in 2006. But if you could get the 6 cylinder in one, it would have been great. I have the normally aspirated 2.5 liter, and it is adequate in performance for what I use this vehicle for. If you need more, get the turbo.