Used 2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

My favorite car so far!
By G. Martin

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Baja has been very reliable so far. I have put many miles on it in my first year of owning it, due greatly to how fun it is to drive. It gets good gas mileage. So far the only thing I wasn't able to haul in it were sheets of 4x8 plywood. This vehicle was exactly what I wanted, the functionality of a truck with the feel of a car.

I love the standard features that came with my Baja. The sunroof, the fog lights, AWD, CD player, bigger tire size, and Baja floor mats, all added to the overall sporty feel of it. I also like the fact the back seat folds down to give more cargo space.

The window controls need to be illuminated for night driving.

No one seems to worry about it but me
By painshot

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 03 Baja. I have an engine knock that just won't go away. I have reported, with every trip to the dealer, and I get the same response, "We know about but there is anything to do about it. It is the way the engine is mounted." Sounds like a lot of BS to me. I also have complained about a damp musty smell, like wet towels left in the sun, and again they cannot find the problem. I plan to sell my Baja ASAP

Service people who share my concerns about problems with my vehicle

Owner, Driver
By frontierman

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is agreat little sport UV. Great gas mileage ,excellent ride and handling. Brakes are excellent, reliability is superior to most vehicles.

Looks, ride, handling, economical

put the 300 h.p. engine in it,with the suspension, brakes,and other necessities to handle the H.P.

GREAT all purpose car
By dailydrivernj

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owning this vehicle now for one year has been a terrific experience. Good fuel economy, NO reliability issues at all. Fun to drive and gets a lot of looks. Interior storage is a bit tight at times. Comfortable seating in all 4 places. Dealer replaced front brakes under warranty at 22000 miles. The 30000 mile service at the dealer is a bit pricey for a 4cyl car. Cold a/c in summer and decent heat in winter. Easy to maintain and keep clean

very functional fog lights and its great that the rear plate drops down for driving with the tailgate down!

Subaru added a turbo option for 2004 to add more power which I would like. I also see you can have heated seats now when leather interior is purchased.

2003 Baja rates tops
By rmiam

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle. We've had zero problems. Great gas milage for it's size.

Upgraded sound package 6 CDs subwoofer and tweeder.