Used 2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Still disappointed after 2 years
By Disappointed in De

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

From the day, I drove it off the lot, it has had squeaks. I have had it in four times and the dealer has never been able to make any improvements. Driver's area is cramped.

It really is convenient for hauling most normal household stuff for folks who need a back seat, want car amenities, but yet don't want big truck.

Steering wheel should tilt up for easier entry/exit. Arrange door so EVERYTHING doesn't get wet in the rain. Make dealers more accountable; I like the cars (my 3rd and last Subaru), but both area dealers are light on service skills and follow-up!

Excellent Vehicle!
By jdaniel

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a crew cab truck. After much research I decided on the Baja because EVERYTHING about it is better than a truck other than the smaller bed. Like the majority of people who own a truck, the bed is not used for work but rather for weekend purchases, garage sales, and trips to the home improvement stores. The Baja does just fine, gets better gas mileage, and as a used vehicle, it is a superb value. This vehicle handles like a sports car, came standard with leather, auto, power everything including sunroof; and it comes with an AWD system and engine that have been time tested and proved reliable.

Overall package, utility and value. I considered several other trucks, but for the price, I would be getting a basic 2WD Crew Cab rather than the loaded AWD Baja. I like the fact that it turns heads, though I know while many think it is cool, other probably think, "What the heck is that?"

Update styling to match new Outbacks (or Foresters?), and maybe seat three in the rear seat (though personally I have not had use for more than four seats). I love the new colors offered with the 2005 models.

Awesome
By ATLMIKIE

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Baja for almost 2 years I still love driving it. It still turns heads and gets compliments. I have had more people sit in it and ask about features than any other vehicle I have owned. I have a small pop up camper which the Baja pulls with no problems. I love the ride.

The style and the look, UNIQUE.

Front door windows don't seem to be as air tight as I would like; they are noisy on highway.

Buy Only If You Plan To Keep It!
By TURBO9956

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Squeaks and rattles seem to be the norm. My automatic transmission has never shifted right - it's slow to do everything (my dealer says it's normal). The engine clicks and rattles - again, "normal". So, I decide that I will trade it -nope. I almost passed out when I received my offer. Tried to sell it, nobody wants it. I received a "guaranteed trade value" from Subaru HA! they don't even want it back. The back seat is a joke.

AWD, great gas mileage, looks cool.

Affordable service, more power, better build quality. This is my last Subaru.

My Mom Loves my car
By Donna

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Mom and Dad says it is the best riding truck. Everyone is suprised the first time they ride in it. Itdoesn't ride like a truck at all and the gas mileage is great. People are always asking what kind of vehicle it is. It is the perfect vehicle for someone like me that needs a truck sometimes and a car at other times.

Sporty look, roomy interior, just the way it makes heads turn.

More power and a way to keep the door pings from marring the silver. I just hate it when people do not pay attention and ping my car!

• SUV